Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Him

My life before Him seems like so long ago...I re-started my Journey only about a year ago and yet my faith is so much stronger than it has ever been. It's a hard feeling to describe, it's just like a big relief. A giant weight has been lifted from my chest and i feel so free. I know that God is with me, he always has been, i was just too blind to see that. Through the Oaks community church (especially thanks to the champions and Danny) i have re-opened my eyes and soul to the Lord. The love that i feel, and the connection that I feel in my heart is almost overwhelming...
Recently (last night), we watched a Nooma video called "Trees". I got quite a bit out of it, expecially the discussion that followed. It was all about life, our lives, and why we are here. Many people say were here just to wait until that day comes, until we are reunited with our Father but then what woul d be the purpose of life? What does God want for us, did he intend for life to be this way? In someway yes, but in some way (due to free will), no. So, then, what is God's intention now?... It was like I had a sudden revelation during DIVE: God's intention now is to use those of us that are believers to preach to those who are not. Then, hopefully, by the time everything falls and the world comes to an end, the amount of believers would be overwhleming (wouldn't it be great if everyone was a believer?). That is God's ultimate GOAL for us, he want sus to preach, to help open the eyes of non-believers and turn them towards God.
It was really an amazing thought for me. I got so much out of it and life just seems that much more purposeful. I want to be an instument of God, i want him to use me to gather people to him so that they may feel what i feel. So that they may realize that they are breathing His breathe and they are living among His creations. No, preaching his qord definitely won't be easy. People feel threatened when they hear the word God, and that is the hardest part. People's hearts close when you try to tell them about him and how amazing he is. I just pray that God will give me the strength to preach, to bring non-believers to Him. I just pray that he helps open up the hearts of my loved ones so that they may better understand WHY i feel it is so important to believe.
God has really changed me in the past few months, but for the better. I am the same me, just better. I am a follower of Jesus Christ, i am a beleiver... So here's to the new blog and to living my life between the trees....

2 comments:

Emily said...

Brooke, this is so totally awesome. I'm happy for you in a way that is hard to describe, so I'll just leave it at this: God has so much in store for you. Like, you have NO idea. I can't wait to see what he's going to do. It's going to be amazing, let me tell you that.

The Champion Clan said...

Brooke, I am blown away by your honesty and especially by all that God is opening your eyes to. God is truly awesome and I believe He is so excited when we are excited about Him. You will see things from a completely different perspective and be energized by His all consuming love. Thanks for letting us share in what God is doing in you. ~ Love,Dawn