Saturday, May 12, 2007

Fender Bender...

Yup, that's right, today i got in my first (and hopefully last) fender bender. Yes, it was completely and utterly my fault. Here's what happened: I was traveling down rosedale to get to my boyfriend's house (past the Gosford before the 99). I was kinda out in the boonies (right about at Renfro, i believe). This older truck pulls out of a place by the bar and i thought he was going to merge in front of me so i kept my eye on him. Turns out he didn't and i glanced back just to make sure everything was good. When i looked in front of me i saw breaklights and a red stoplight. Shit. I slammed on my brakes as hard as possible (thank god for anti-lock) but i still managed to hit the vehicle in front of me. Thank god she was in a Tahoe with a 3-inch lift because my bumper hit her hitch and there was absolutely no damage to her car. Her boyfriend still wanted to exchange information and so we did. My bumper is dented a few inches, not bad, but enough to have to buy a new one out of my pocket.
Luckily, everyone was absolutely fine. I was quite shaken up because of the adrenaline and cried about 25 minutes later when my adrenaline died out but everything is good...besides how empty my bank account is gonna seem after this :( .
So, my first fender bender...ugh...I was so paranoid driving home tonight, i braked twice as early as usual and my heart raced every time someone's brake lights went on, lol. I just thank God that no one was injured. It could have been much worse so i feel blessed that the other car had no damage and mine is minimal...Damn, and all after i just had the thing cleaned and an oil change...Oh well, life happens...

No comments: