Monday, April 14, 2008

Christianity isn't for cowards...

This weekend a group of us went down to SLO and we stayed at the Safina's beach house in Cayucos. Mrs. Safina and I were talking about something and she said, "Christianity isn't for cowards." I've heard this so many times before but it is just now that I am really getting the meaning of it. Since becoming a Christian I can't say that my life has technically become easier but I can say that I feel at peace so much more just because I know that God is always with me. The last few weeks have definitely been extremely tough on me and often I have found myself literally crying out to God. The plans that he has for me are great but because I am choosing to follow Him and be so devoted I am sacrificing so much. It is so hard to watch a relationship crumble right in front of you and not being able to do anything about it because I have made a choice to whole-heartedly serve my Heavenly Father. In my eyes, these changes are difficult but they come with reassurance that God is taking care of me and He is guaranteeing me such a spiritually fulfilled life. I can't compromise the decisions that I am making for God and so I guess I don't fully understand when someone is having a much more difficult time with the changes than I am. I have no idea how much of a journey this will be but I know that God will NEVER give me more than I can handle. His timing will be and is perfect and I just need to have complete faith in that. Nobody said that being a Christian would be easy and now I am just at the beginning of my struggle. I'm going to quote something from Mrs. Safina's blog that sums up exactly what I'm Trying to say, "God doesn't promise you a life without difficulties. But He does promise that He will always be with you." God is sure testing my heart right now so I ask for prayers that I might make it through this tough patch with my relationship intact.

"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit."

Romans 15:13

No comments: