Monday, April 7, 2008

An Amazing Sunday

Yesterday was the last day of the God Encounter weekend that Celebration Church does every month. Nesta and I went to the 11:30 Sunday morning service to hear Pastor Randy speak. His sermon was so amazing, it really hit me. It was all about the hand of God and commissioning the hand of God. It was also about miracles and the reason why so many of us say we don't "see" them anymore. A great thing from his message were the 2 points of God's Hand: 1. God's hand will result in something Glorious, 2. God's hand will bring destruction on your enemies. Pretty awesome huh? Also, Pastor Randy pointed out a verse in the Bible about people shortening God's hand. Basically, this means that we doubt God's power. I'm sure we've all been guilty of this at some point or another but we need to remember that God can do anything! He can restore life, fix marriages, even give someone a new eye. Never put God in a box!
That night, we had the closing of Encounter weekend at the clovis facility. This place was huge! Anyways, Phil Munsey (amazing Pastor, man of God) came to speak to us. It was a great message about legacy and how we need to help the generations. The future of this movement is in the kid's hands and if we don't proclaim that everything we have is because of God and His Glory, how will they know? Also, something that spoke truly to my heart, no matter where you are God will always get you to where you need to be. He specifically made you for this time period, this day, this time. He picked your parents for a reason, he made you the way you are for a purpose. How great is that? God specifically planned who I am, who would give birth to me, and how I would serve Him. Makes me look at my past and say, "Wow, I get it God."
Overall, amazing worship Sunday. I grew that much closer to God and affirmed some things that I had been thinking for a while. God is amazing!

No comments: