Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Beautiful Day

So, I'm in sort of a reflective move tonight. It seems fitting seeing as I have changed so much over just the past year: from being a High School Senior to starting out, once again, at the bottom of the food chain as a Freshman in college.
I have gone through so much in such little time and I have learned some amazing life lessons on the way. My teachers have been anyone and everyone, without even knowing it.
I've learned Patience from my horse, Justa. She has tought me so much and we have honestly learned from eachother. I used to be the get up and go type but I've learned that you can't always do that. Sometimes you have to just sit back, relax, and watch the scenery go by. She had to learn that lesson the same time i did, lol. I've also learned that even I can't always have my way. It's all about compromise, meeting somewhere that's comfortably in the middle. I still may joke that its "all about me" but it really isn't.
My priorities have certainly changed. I've learned from my church back home in Bakersfield that it is all about God. I am living this life for Him and only Him. That's one thing I need to work on, in fact. I probably haven't been the greatest servant of God in the last few months but i really do intend to change that, eventhough I'm not quite sure how.
I've also learned that everything isn't what it's all cracked up to be. Live life one moment at a time, savoring every bit of it. That's what I learned from Grandma's passing. Don't focus on the negatives like someone being gone, but focus on the positives like all the good times you had together. You can't change what has happened in the past, but you can plan for your future and pay close attention to the present.
Be observant. Love without holding back but don't be stupid. Don't give your heart away to just anyone, but to someone who will really appreciate it. That includes giving a piece of you to your friends. Listen to them, love them, but correct them when they're wrong.
Life's too short to worry all the time. Sit back, relax, and enjoy the ride. Some days may be difficult but there will always be something better on the other side. I am happy to say that i am proud of myself and of my life. I still make mistakes but the difference is i am learning from each and every one of them. God has blessed me with a loving family, great friends, and an amazing boyfriend. Who I am today is almost the opposite of who I was a year ago. Life is just looking up and I really can't see me viewing it any other way. So here's to God, to the patient, to the loving, and the positive. Here's to another beautiful day on this Earth with the one's that I love.

No comments: