Sunday, August 5, 2007

An Amazing Trip

So, SWC (Spirit West Coast) was just amazing! I saw so many bands and had some pretty awesome memories. I learned a lot from some of the speakers i saw as well as testimonies from many of the bands. The weather was beautiful and i must say that i'm kind of sad to be back in this heat. I am, however, happy to be sleeping in an actual bed now!
SWC was definitely an eye opener for me, and it came at the perfect time in my life and at the perfect time this summer. There were moments when God really spoke to me, he really opened my heart and i really surrendered to him. I surrendred everything to Him and that was amazing and it is still an amazing feeling. This trip has strengthened my faith so much and i hope that it did the same for others. It wasn't just a music festival, it was a way to experience God through the things i love. It was a way to reach out to God, to get out of my box, to become vulnerable for God. Some of the artists testimonies really spoke to me and some of their lyrics were so powerful. I have come to so many realizations, i have found my peace again. I know my faith is here to stay this time. No more on and off with God, He is here, and He has my full, undivided attention. I want to live my life for Him. I want to spread His word, i want to make Him proud. I know i will always have obstacles to battle, and sometimes i may lose my way but God is here, right now, with me. SWC was an amazing experience for me and i can't wait for next year.

No comments: