Friday, November 20, 2009

God's little reminders

"Lord, I am your daughter who longs to serve you, I trust your words. Do your work, for I have confidence that it's good."

I found this while sorting through some of books. I wasn't looking for anything in particular,just something interesting to put on my new shelf that I installed in my bedroom. I found the book "Through the Looking Glass: And what Alice found there". This is the original "Alice in Wonderland" and it's an original copy of the book. This book was given to me by my grandmother when she found me in the shed sorting through, and reading some of her old books. I begin to open the pages of the book and found a piece of paper that I used as a bookmark. It was a prescription for Restoril that i was prescribed at Fresno state for sleeping issues. On the back of that paper, was the quote above, written by me. I don't remember writing this quote, in fact, I barely remember being prescribed something for sleep. At that point in my life, I was already having issues with Steve and really the most I remember about my freshman year of college is constant overdosing. That's why that quote intrigues me so much. Maybe I wrote it as a prayer, as a cry to God. Maybe someone told me to write it down. I have no clue. But i do know that quote is exactly what I needed right now. Its easy to just ride the rollercoaster and forget what life is really about. I long to serve the Lord, to glorify his name. I trust in home, even when the enemy preys on my weaknesses. I have confidence in the Lord, his works are good. All He does is for good. It may not seem like it right now but someday I'll look back and realize what God is doing here.
Thank you God for the small things, for forgotten notes like this, that seem to "reappear" at just the right times. I feel empowered again, strengthened. I feel reassured that I am taking the right steps and God is looking down on me, proud to say that I am His daughter. That's so nice to think about. I hope Grandma is looking down too, proud to see her youngest grandchild fight the good fight. Lord, I am your daughter who longs to serve you. I trust your words, do your work, for I have confidence that its good.

1 comment:

The Champion Clan said...

What a wonderful God we serve, He truly does know what we need, and when we are ready to hear it. I was so glad to read your blog, gives me joy to hear how God spoke to you.