Monday, May 12, 2008

Keep Truckin'

I have two days left of my first year in college (Monday and Thursday) and all I can really say is, "Wow, what a year". These two semesters have certainly had their ups, and most certainly had their downs. From the death of someone so close to me, to falling in love again and having my heart broken. It hasn't been an easy year, and I'm not proud of every decision I have made but it definitely will be taken as a learning experience. Fresno really wasn't what I thought it would be (not that I had many expectations) but I really am sad to be leaving. I have made some great friends in the midst of all the turmoil and I will miss them tremendously. However, home will be good. It will keep me focused and bring up that GPA that I let fall so horribly. So, in this blog, I thought I'd maybe list what I've learned. Who knows, maybe you can learn from my mistakes?

1. Never take a mandatory attendance class at 8am (you are NOT going to go every time).
2. A social life is great but school comes first, boys come last.
3. Office hours are there for a reason, use them!
4. If you're not 100% on a future career, don't go into Freshman year with a major (if possible). You'll end up changing it a few times.
5. NEVER let God take a back seat in your life, He should be your top priority.
6. Love is great, but the Bible says to guard your heart, and for good reason.
7. Make wise, SOBER decisions.
8. Don't buy every textbook on your list, you're only going to use about half of them.
9. Keep tabs on your money, it gets spent fast!
10. Don't let a few haters get you down.

Well, that's a semi-review of the year. To those of you experiencing your first semester in the fall, best of luck! For the rest f us "college kids" keep truckin'!

-B

No comments: