Monday, March 2, 2009

Life

Well, I haven't updated in about a month. And in that month, a lot of stuff has gone on. I wish I could say I was busy with joyful outcomes but to be honest, I've been busy with a lot of pretty heavy stuff. However, God is still great, even in these hard times.
So, if you haven't already heard or read, Chris had surgery to diagnose the nodules that were found in his lungs. The surgeon told us that it appeared to be osteosarcoma in the lymphnode, so he was certain it was osteosarcoma in the lungs as well. Not what we hoped for but God is still good and He has already claimed His victory over Chris' healing. We will just have to wait on God to see when he will heal Chris completely. I still stand firm in the belief that God's intention is to heal Chris completely. THis is just another bump in the road.
Also, Dan and I have hit a few bumps in the road as well. I must admit that the distance has put a strain on our relationship and from time to time we take our life stresses out on eachother. But somehow, that all seems to make us even stronger, putting even more confidence in the fact that we will mkae it through this deployment. We will come out of this a very strong couple, I have faith in that. So, its been rough but God is definitely waitching over us.
Also, it appears that I will be an Aunt. Hmmm...usually this is a joyful occasion for most families but this isn't exactly the ideal situation. My brother has impregnated a girl that he has known for a relatively short amount of time. He seems to be happy about this, and that is good, but the mother-to-be isn't exactly thrilled, and I don't blame her. Becoming a parent at this age (she is a year younger than me) is a very scary thing. Also, this unborn child is creating quite a bit of family tension. My father will not acknowledge the baby, because he still beleives that my brother has not proven himself as a man. I, however, will love this child just like you'd love a brother or sister. It is not the child's fault that this isn't an ideal situation and this baby needs the best possible chance at life that it can get. With that said, my brother really isn't talking to me, sadly. I didn't do anything wrong, he is just angry towards my father, and the things that my father has given me while supporting me during school. That makes me sad because even though me and my brother have never been close, he is still my brother and I love and miss him. I pray everyday that Bryan will be able to see that and put his anger towards my father and I aside so that we can heal our broken relationship.
So, that has pretty much been the last month, minus a few things that I do not wish to write about. Needless to say, it's been rough and in the past week I have found myself in kind of a deep depression, like a rut. So all I can do is pray anf thank God for all the blessings he continues to give me. Any other prayers would be greatly appreciated as well. Ged bless.

1 comment:

Kim Safina said...

The Journey Continues ~

Precious Brooke,

I appreciate your sharing in words on your blog. I stand firm with you on the healing of Chris! You are such an amazing young woman and awesome friend!

Hopefully, all of you can spend a weekend together at the beach house in the near future.

Sending you a big HUG this morning from Cayucos!

With love and blessings,
Kim Mom#2 Safina
http://www.kimsafinathejourneycontinues.blogspot.com