Wednesday, January 21, 2009

"Prognosis"

So, with everything going on with Chris and John (referring to the cancer of course) the most common question I've heard is: "What's his Prognosis?" I started researching the type of cancer Chris told me the doctor's thought he had and then, while reading statistics on the survival rates/prognosis I started to feel guilt. I realized that the word "Prognosis" was such a faithless word. I mean, why are we going to base our lives off of statistics? We live by God's grace, not human research. So, no, the "prognosis" may not seem great but I'm not concerned about that. My prognosis, because i'm a healthy 19 year old, is great and yet I could still drop dead moments from now. God decides when it's our time, not any statistic, so I'm going to start living by His time, not my own, knowing that every day is such a blessing. That's how I view it with Johna dn Chris as well. I don't care what their prognosis may be, I only care that every day they are here is a blessing and God will call them up in His time. Honestly, I don't think God will be calling Chris up anytime soon, he still has too much work to do for God on this Earth. So, next time you start researching statistics and looking at the lifetime prognosis, remember that God is in control, not us. God is greater than any medicine, any surgeon, and any medical machine. God has the power to say when we will go and He will call us up, one by one, when it is our time. And, when it is our time, we will have no fear because we know that we are going to live with our Heavenly Father. So now, when someone asks about John or Chris' diagnosis, I simply respond, "Who knows? God will call them when it's time. And that could be 90 years from now, and I hope it is."

2 comments:

The Champion Clan said...

Amen Brooke

Kim Safina said...

The Journey Continues ~

Precious Brooke,

You are such a WOMAN OF FAITH and stand firm on your walk!!

We sure miss you around here!
We look forward to having the entire group back for a weekend and espresso's from Dave= Mr. S
We love you!!!
Keep in touch!
With "Heaven Bound" blessings,
Kim Safina
check out Mike on
youtube.com
search Mike Safina praising
or remember me
http://www.kimsafinathejourneycontinues.blogspot.com