Monday, September 8, 2008

Small Mountains

So, I guess I'll start at Labor Day Weekend. I went down to Fresno and stayed with a friend of mine in his dorm. I had a pretty good time honestly. I really missed all the guys this summer so it was great to go to the house and just hang out. I really loved it even though Sunday night had a bit of drama, i didn't let it skew my view of the weekend. I probably won't be back again but it was a great time to hang out with some great friends and say proper goodbyes.
So, since then, i've been pretty much working and adjusting to life as a non-student. It's pretty tough actually. I miss school so i will be very excited to start in January. Also, all the changes that have happened this summer have been so difficult. I don't really like being back in Bakersfield, especially since I decided to stay here because I thought I was going to get married. Also, as October 19th moves closer, it gets a little hard. Its like a constant reminder of all the sacrifices I made and all I ended up with so much pain. Yeah, I'm still recovering from that and it's hard. There's been a lot of changes, too many. Steve and I are still working through things and there have been so many changes with us. He's working now, has an interview with the Academy, and his grandmother passed away a few weeks. So, needless to say, he's been stressed. Which means he's been distant and we haven't had (to me) enough good, quality, time together. I'm not good at change, I never have been, and this is just too much all at once. Also, my job position has changed and I'm not liking it as much so it's been harder to get up and get things going in the morning. I'm just worried about too much. Oh, and I had a pretty sucky Birthday. Should have taken the offer to go out with some friends. Nothing like feeling unimportant on YOUR day...Anyways, with everything going on, i decided to FINALLY go to college group Bible study tonight. It was really nice actually. I completely felt God tonight and it was great to discuss God's word with some friends. I definitely will be attending more often. I've kind of drifted from God the past few weeks and I need to get back into actively studying His word again, I know it will help to comfort me through all this...
So, that's the update. I know, not to positive. Hence why I haven't been updating frequently. Anyways, keep praying. God is great and I know he has some AMAZING things in time for me. This is just a small mountain that I have to climb in order to get there.

No comments: